Following a pair of thirds at the group I level this year, Ribchester broke through at the top level Aug. 14 with a game win in the Prix du Haras de Fresnay-le-Buffard Jacques Le Marois (Fr-I) over the straight mile at Deauville.
Qatar interests bought the four highest-priced horses at the two-day Doncaster September sale, and prominent 2-year-old Kool Kompany was bought privately shortly after he left the sales ring unsold on the final day, Sept. 4
Dual group III winner Sandiva, last seen finishing fifth in the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot one month ago, makes her first United States start in the $200,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) July 19 at Del Mar.
Stalking Barefoot Lady, making her North American debut, seized the lead near mid-stretch and held on well to capture the $323,217 Canadian Stakes (Can-IIT) by 1 1/2 lengths on the Woodbine turf Sept. 16.
Mayson made the leap into group I company a successful one when he led from the start to post a 20-1 upset in the $620,000 Darley July Cup (Eng-I) at Newmarket July 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Tamarando Retired, Will Stand at Harris Farms
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- UAE Derby Features Japan's Kentucky Derby Qualifier
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Strong U.S. contingent in Golden Shaheen