Three Degrees, winner of the Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park on June 5, prepared for the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. I) with a six-furlong turf work Sunday.
Six-year-old British-bred Needwood Blade, the longest shot on the board at 11-1, won his first American race in seven starts by taking the $112,500 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) in a surprise Saturday on the turf at Bay Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Catch a Glimpse Probable for Penn Mile