Three Degrees, winner of the Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park on June 5, prepared for the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. I) with a six-furlong turf work Sunday.
Six-year-old British-bred Needwood Blade, the longest shot on the board at 11-1, won his first American race in seven starts by taking the $112,500 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) in a surprise Saturday on the turf at Bay Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Flashy American, Willow Hills in Groupie Doll
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Medication Among National HBPA Meeting Topics
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut
- 'Maria' Upstages Champ Untapable in Shuvee
- TOBA July Member of the Month
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell