Three Degrees, winner of the Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park on June 5, prepared for the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. I) with a six-furlong turf work Sunday.
Six-year-old British-bred Needwood Blade, the longest shot on the board at 11-1, won his first American race in seven starts by taking the $112,500 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) in a surprise Saturday on the turf at Bay Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Forever Unbridled Heads Cast for Beldame
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday