A former director of the California Horse Racing Board's information management services filed a lawsuit against the agency for emotional and physical distress as the result of retaliation for his whistle-blowing activities.
A liquid binder officials believe will save Santa Anita Park's Cushion Track should take about 10 days to acquire and another four to mix with the synthetic racing surface, the California Horse Racing Board was told Jan. 16.
Live racing at Bay Meadows Race Course would end with the conclusion of the San Mateo County Fair race meet Aug. 18, 2008, under a dates plan given preliminary approval by the California Horse Racing Board's strategic planning committee Sept. 20.
The executive director of the California Horse Racing Board removed herself from a decision-making role after Santa Anita Park stewards initiated an investigation of the claim of a horse trained by Bruce Headley by his son, Gus Headley, on Dec. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- 32 Horses Die in Chicago-Area Stable Fire
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout
- Don't Tell Sophia Leads Falls City Handicap
- Easter Gift Takes Unusual Path Back to Clark
- Big Macher Shows Star Quality in Cary Grant
- Tom's Tribute Tops Talented Seabiscuit Cast
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Calgary Cat Sizzles in Kennedy Road Triumph
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Shipper Holiday Star Faces 10 in Turf Cup