A former director of the California Horse Racing Board's information management services filed a lawsuit against the agency for emotional and physical distress as the result of retaliation for his whistle-blowing activities.
A liquid binder officials believe will save Santa Anita Park's Cushion Track should take about 10 days to acquire and another four to mix with the synthetic racing surface, the California Horse Racing Board was told Jan. 16.
Live racing at Bay Meadows Race Course would end with the conclusion of the San Mateo County Fair race meet Aug. 18, 2008, under a dates plan given preliminary approval by the California Horse Racing Board's strategic planning committee Sept. 20.
The executive director of the California Horse Racing Board removed herself from a decision-making role after Santa Anita Park stewards initiated an investigation of the claim of a horse trained by Bruce Headley by his son, Gus Headley, on Dec. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Filly by The Factor Tops OBS Winter Opener
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- Kaigun Makes 2015 Debut in Arcadia Stakes
- Fillies Vie for Grade I Glory in Las Virgenes
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Secret Circle Part of Salty Palos Verdes Cast
- The Horse Who Changed the Triple Crown
- Knee Chip Sidelines Hutcheson Winner Barbados
- Ocean Knight, Catalina Red Top Sam F. Davis