A former director of the California Horse Racing Board's information management services filed a lawsuit against the agency for emotional and physical distress as the result of retaliation for his whistle-blowing activities.
A liquid binder officials believe will save Santa Anita Park's Cushion Track should take about 10 days to acquire and another four to mix with the synthetic racing surface, the California Horse Racing Board was told Jan. 16.
Live racing at Bay Meadows Race Course would end with the conclusion of the San Mateo County Fair race meet Aug. 18, 2008, under a dates plan given preliminary approval by the California Horse Racing Board's strategic planning committee Sept. 20.
The executive director of the California Horse Racing Board removed herself from a decision-making role after Santa Anita Park stewards initiated an investigation of the claim of a horse trained by Bruce Headley by his son, Gus Headley, on Dec. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Sprinter Work All Week Retired
- Two Ejected From Churchill Grounds
- Ratings More Than Double for NBC Racing Shows
- American Pharoah Retains Top World Ranking
- Buckland Sales to Offer First Consignments
- Tattersalls Book 1 Concludes on Record Note
- Higher Purses, Handle at Emerald Downs
- Race Day to Spendthrift for 2016
- RMTC Defends Methocarbamol Threshold
- Why Beholder Has Outrun Her Pedigree