A former director of the California Horse Racing Board's information management services filed a lawsuit against the agency for emotional and physical distress as the result of retaliation for his whistle-blowing activities.
A liquid binder officials believe will save Santa Anita Park's Cushion Track should take about 10 days to acquire and another four to mix with the synthetic racing surface, the California Horse Racing Board was told Jan. 16.
Live racing at Bay Meadows Race Course would end with the conclusion of the San Mateo County Fair race meet Aug. 18, 2008, under a dates plan given preliminary approval by the California Horse Racing Board's strategic planning committee Sept. 20.
The executive director of the California Horse Racing Board removed herself from a decision-making role after Santa Anita Park stewards initiated an investigation of the claim of a horse trained by Bruce Headley by his son, Gus Headley, on Dec. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Game Sole Power Finds Gap Late in Nunthorpe
- Byron Hughes is Farm Manager of the Year
- Pat O'Brien Deja Vu for Fed Biz, Goldencents
- BHA Levies Heavy Penalties Against Three
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Stryker Phd Smart Choice in Longacres Mile
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Captain Serious, Empire Dreams Head Showcase
- Filly is First Winner for Justenuffhumor