A former director of the California Horse Racing Board's information management services filed a lawsuit against the agency for emotional and physical distress as the result of retaliation for his whistle-blowing activities.
A liquid binder officials believe will save Santa Anita Park's Cushion Track should take about 10 days to acquire and another four to mix with the synthetic racing surface, the California Horse Racing Board was told Jan. 16.
Live racing at Bay Meadows Race Course would end with the conclusion of the San Mateo County Fair race meet Aug. 18, 2008, under a dates plan given preliminary approval by the California Horse Racing Board's strategic planning committee Sept. 20.
The executive director of the California Horse Racing Board removed herself from a decision-making role after Santa Anita Park stewards initiated an investigation of the claim of a horse trained by Bruce Headley by his son, Gus Headley, on Dec. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Score in Clark
- Take Charge Brandi, Mr. Z to Los Alamitos
- Classic Point Ekes Out Go for Wand Victory
- Sea The Stars Colt Leads Tattersalls Session
- Judge Rules Veitch Improperly Dismissed
- Cigar Mile As 'Stallion Maker'
- Stryker Phd Faces Everton in Berkeley 'Cap
- Chris' Brew, Galina Point Top Woodbine Stakes
- Preparing for Breeding Season
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go