Four new members have been elected to the Disabled Jockeys' Endowment Board.
The California Horse Racing Board took another step Thursday toward the elimination of anabolic steroids in California races, and at the urging of CHRB Chairman Richard B. Shapiro and others, the prohibition could eventually extend to California horse sales as well.
By Richard B. Shapiro - A racetrack operator, who shall go unnamed, recently said to me, "It isn't that I don't like you personally, but frankly, I think you are dangerous for the sport." He went on to tell me that I talk too much at the California Horse Racing Board meetings and that I would be better off if I didn't push so hard and just backed off. His view is that I have ideas that won't work for the most part, and I am causing too much dissension in the industry.
Longtime trainer and attorney Darrell Vienna has been retained by the California Horse Racing Board to help initiate a continuing education program for its members and professional staff to improve the agency's regulatory and oversight performance.
The California Horse Racing Board said goodbye Oct. 14 to executive director Roy C. Wood after 11 years.
Most Popular Stories
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Fast Anna Gets Class Relief in Gallant Bob
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Three-Time Grade I Winner Behrens Dies
- Equine Encephalitis Reported in New York
- Oversight Board Reviews NYRA Finances