U S. Marshal dispatched Queen's Plate hopeful Decision Day in the final furlong and won the $100,000 Wando Stakes April 19 at Woodbine.
Really Sharp, narrowly denied in the Jacques Cartier Stakes last time out, broke through with his first stakes win in the $140,745 Vigil Stakes (Can-III) May 11 at Woodbine while overlooked at 28-1 odds.
Fourth choice Flying Glitter broke sharply from the gate and wired the field on her way to a comfortable victory in the $405,100 Indiana Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) Friday night at Hoosier Park.
Richard and Nancy Kaster's Flying Glitter took control out of the gate and never looked back, winning the $200,000 Monmouth Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) by 3 3/4 lengths in a surprise Sunday at Monmouth Park.
Millionaire Richter Scale was represented by his first two winners July 4, and one of them was a stakes winner.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes