U S. Marshal dispatched Queen's Plate hopeful Decision Day in the final furlong and won the $100,000 Wando Stakes April 19 at Woodbine.
Really Sharp, narrowly denied in the Jacques Cartier Stakes last time out, broke through with his first stakes win in the $140,745 Vigil Stakes (Can-III) May 11 at Woodbine while overlooked at 28-1 odds.
Fourth choice Flying Glitter broke sharply from the gate and wired the field on her way to a comfortable victory in the $405,100 Indiana Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) Friday night at Hoosier Park.
Richard and Nancy Kaster's Flying Glitter took control out of the gate and never looked back, winning the $200,000 Monmouth Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) by 3 3/4 lengths in a surprise Sunday at Monmouth Park.
Millionaire Richter Scale was represented by his first two winners July 4, and one of them was a stakes winner.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind 7-2 Choice for Oaks
- California Chrome Will Skip Lockinge Stakes
- Wise Dan Back to Jogging on Track
- El Kabeir Walks Shedrow, Dortmund Gallops
- KY Derby: De Kock Press Conference April 28
- Espinoza Riding High into Derby
- Haskin: Carpe Diem, Mubtaahij Test the Track
- Able Friend One to Beat in Champions Mile
- Oxley Hopes Danzig Moon Follows Monarchos
- Delaware Horse Racing Boosts State Economy