Win machine Work All Week remained undefeated in nine starts on dirt and stamped his ticket to the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) with a smart win in the $200,000 Stoll Keenon Ogden Phoenix Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland Oct. 3
Richard and Karen Papiese's Midwest Thoroughbreds surpassed a 38-year-old single-season record for victories by an owner this month with 501 winners from 1,706 starters in 2012. The old record was 494 wins.
The 90-day meeting at Arlington Park ended Sept. 30 with trainer Wayne Catalano, jockey Francisco Torres, and owners Richard and Karen Papiese's Midwest Thoroughbreds all claiming titles.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- For Joe Rocco Jr., It's All About the Horse
- Aktabantay Knocked Out of BC Juvenile Turf
- Sire Tapit Closing in on Record Season
- Santa Anita Confident in New Dirt Surface
- Asmussen Aims to Make Untapable Feel at Home
- Northern Cal Trainers On Cup's Center Stage
- Top Decile Under Radar for Juvenile Fillies
- TimeformUS Breeders' Cup Preview: Distaff