Slew Valley, expertly ridden by Jim McAleney, collared Shoal Water in the final sixteenth and outfought his rival to the wire, scoring a neck victory in Saturday's $324,300 King Edward Breeders' Cup (Can-II) on the Woodbine turf.
Rich Meadow Farm's Slew Valley, with Jim McAleney aboard, outbattled Le Cinquieme Essai and favored Shoal Water down the stretch to capture the $164,400 Connaught Cup (Can-III) Sunday at Woodbine.
Rich Meadow Farm's Dawn of the Condor came up the rail under jockey Jorge Chavez on Saturday to win the 1 1/8-mile $150,000 Knickerbocker Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds on Aqueduct's yielding turf course before a crowd of 5,755.
Rich Meadow Stable and Alan Burkhard's 4-year-old Slew Valley is likely to invade Calder from Maryland for a return to competition in the $100,000 Tropical Park Turf Handicap (gr. III) next Saturday (Dec. 8).
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Suffolk Expected to Apply for 2015 Live Dates
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Judy the Beauty Heads Busy Work Tab for Ward
- Peace and War Returns for Ashland
- Korean Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in Accident
- Stopchargingmaria Makes 2015 Debut in Madison
- Ashland Stakes: Olly Stevens on Peace and War