Slew Valley, expertly ridden by Jim McAleney, collared Shoal Water in the final sixteenth and outfought his rival to the wire, scoring a neck victory in Saturday's $324,300 King Edward Breeders' Cup (Can-II) on the Woodbine turf.
Rich Meadow Farm's Slew Valley, with Jim McAleney aboard, outbattled Le Cinquieme Essai and favored Shoal Water down the stretch to capture the $164,400 Connaught Cup (Can-III) Sunday at Woodbine.
Rich Meadow Farm's Dawn of the Condor came up the rail under jockey Jorge Chavez on Saturday to win the 1 1/8-mile $150,000 Knickerbocker Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds on Aqueduct's yielding turf course before a crowd of 5,755.
Rich Meadow Stable and Alan Burkhard's 4-year-old Slew Valley is likely to invade Calder from Maryland for a return to competition in the $100,000 Tropical Park Turf Handicap (gr. III) next Saturday (Dec. 8).
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Nutritional Management of Insulin Resistance in Horses
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise