When Kenny Troutt and Bill Casner purchased Prestonwood Farm between Lexington and Versailles, Ky., and renamed it WinStar in January 2000, among the horses they acquired in the deal was Belle's Good Cide, who was then carrying a foal who would go on to win the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes.
Rich Decker has resigned his position as president of WinStar Farm, the Versailles, Ky., operation owned by telecommunications executives Kenny Troutt and Bill Casner, who purchased the former Prestonwood Farm from Jack, Art, and the recently deceased J.R. Preston in January 2000. Decker was manager of Prestonwood since 1988.
Kenny Troutt and Bill Casner have purchased 314 acres next to their WinStar Farm near Versailles, Ky. The addition brings the farm's total land to about 964 contiguous acres.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Maker Trio Heads Muniz Memorial Handicap
- McIngvales Repeat $10K College Scholarship Offer