Exchange Rate, who stands at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., will shuttle to Argentina to stand the Southern Hemisphere breeding season at Alberto and Renata Stein's Haras La Leyenda.
As the media descend daily on barn 27 of the Santa Anita backstretch to get a glimpse of Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) favorite Curlin Oct. 20, trainer Juan Reviriego quietly goes about his business next door at barn 28. He also has a Breeders' Cup contender, though Lady Sprinter doesn't have nearly as high a profile as her neighbor.
From just 14 starters, Argentina has been represented as the breeding ground of the winners of four Breeders' Cup World Championships races.
Most Popular Stories
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Keeneland Simulcast Operations to Red Mile