Nevada Kid went to the lead and was never headed in the $192,000 Claiming Crown Jewel at Gulfstream Dec. 7, wrapping up a solid day of racing that featured eight events worth a total of $1 million at the South Florida oval.
The first major event of the Gulfstream Park Championship Meet will take place Dec. 7 with the Claiming Crown, a collection of eight stakes races worth a total of $1 million.
Marvelous veteran Ben's Cat did it again Nov. 27 when he wore down odds-on Ribo's Bobo in the final furlong to score a repeat victory in the $250,000 Fabulous Strike Handicap at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
The withdrawal of Boys At Tosconova leaves a wide open field of nine sophomores to contest the $400,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Jan. 30, the first major step toward the Florida Derby (gr. I) this spring.
The final four stakes of the 2010-2011 Tropical meet help Calder wind down its season this weekend with the Stage Door Betty Handicap (gr. III) and Tropical Park Derby (gr. IIIT) leading the New Year's Day program.
Heavily favored Astrology was an appropriate winner on Churchill Downs' Stars of Tomorrow card on opening day of the Louisville track's fall meet, convincingly taking the $122,300 Iroquois Stakes (gr. II) Oct. 31.
Maybesomaybenot, who won the Sanford (gr. II) this summer before tailing off in his last two, will carry top weight of 123 pounds in the $100,000 Iroquois Stakes (gr. II) on opening day of the Churchill Downs fall meet.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap