Irish-bred King's Drama will be favored to provide trainer Bobby Frankel with his second graded stakes victory of the young Santa Anita Park winter meet in Sunday's $150,000 San Gabriel Handicap (gr. IIT) on the grass.
Triple B Farms' Whilly, who won a pair of grade II races in front-running fashion in 2005 for trainer Doug O'Neill and jockey Felipe Martinez, can start the new year in the same way in the San Gabriel Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita Park grass Sunday.
Favored Rhythm Mad won a grueling stretch duel with the old-timer Continental Red in Saturday's $350,000 Jim Murray Handicap on the Hollywood Park turf course.
The marathon distance proved no problem for favored Meteor Storm, who kicked away in the stretch and held on for 1 1/2-length victory over Rhythm Mad in the $250,000 San Juan Capistrano Invitational Handicap (gr. IIT), closing the curtain on the 2004 Santa Anita season.
Most Popular Stories
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Bell to Head Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance
- Indiana Grand Reports Increased Wagering
- Aussie Sale Buyers Can Request Steroid Test
- Court Decision Threatens Illinois Racing
- Newsmakers of 2014
- RCI Request Would Change RMTC's Current Role
- Cancer Takes Hillary Farish Stratton
- Moment of the Year Voting Begins
- Florida Horseman Gary Caple Dies