Klaravich Stables and William Lawrence's Central Banker, one-for-one at Churchill Downs heading into the $464,800 Churchill Downs Stakes (gr. II), made it two-for-two with a win in the seven-furlong test May 3.
Carson Hollow, who won Belmont's Prioress Stakes (gr. I) and just missed in Saratoga's thrilling Test Stakes (gr. I), was named 2002 New York-bred Horse of the Year
German-bred Uriah wins the Long Island Handicap over soft going for owner Gary Tanaka.
Leonard C. Green's Rhum used a ground-saving trip to full advantage Saturday afternoon to halt a four-race losing streak and win the $150,000 Ticonderoga Handicap for the second time in three years.
Donald George's Shopping For Love is the classiest filly or mare in Saturday's 1 1/8–mile $150,000 Ticonderoga on the Belmont Park turf.
Ten female turf specialists are entered for Saturday's Robert G. Dick Memorial Breeders' Cup Stakes at Delaware Park. Graham Motion, who has horses entered in the other two stakes on the same day, has the favorite in this race, New Economy.
Most Popular Stories
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Flipcup Resolute in Arlington Matron Win
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont