A weanling colt from the first crop of Shackleford was the standout on the second and final day of the reformatted Fasig-Tipton New York Saratoga fall sale Oct. 7 and brought the auction's overall highest price of $150,000.
Benefiting from a patient ride, Head Heart Hoof took control leaving the turn and held off a tenacious rally by Johannesburg Smile to win the 120th renewal of the Toboggan Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack Feb. 2.
Timing was just about everything when it came to the $100,000 sale topper at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed sale at Timonium Monday Dec. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Field Favored at Close of Derby Wager Pool 3
- Rebel Still Possibilty for Take Charge Brandi
- The Big Beast Sharp in Winning Return
- Daredevil Still Ready for Rescheduled Swale
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- Dortmund, Lord Nelson Set for San Felipe
- Cavalryman Dies After Injury at Meydan
- El Kabeir Breezes for Gotham
- French Group I Winner Creator Dies at 29