A weanling colt from the first crop of Shackleford was the standout on the second and final day of the reformatted Fasig-Tipton New York Saratoga fall sale Oct. 7 and brought the auction's overall highest price of $150,000.
Benefiting from a patient ride, Head Heart Hoof took control leaving the turn and held off a tenacious rally by Johannesburg Smile to win the 120th renewal of the Toboggan Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack Feb. 2.
Timing was just about everything when it came to the $100,000 sale topper at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed sale at Timonium Monday Dec. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Soumillon Scores Group II Double at Meydan
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- New Zealand Yearling Sale Continues Strong
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Upgraded Marine Gives Canada 44 Graded Stakes
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Ladies 'Cap: Belle Gallantey Seeks Turnaround
- Penn National Gaming Reports Losses for 2014
- NTRA Meets With Treasury on Withholding Taxes