A weanling colt from the first crop of Shackleford was the standout on the second and final day of the reformatted Fasig-Tipton New York Saratoga fall sale Oct. 7 and brought the auction's overall highest price of $150,000.
Benefiting from a patient ride, Head Heart Hoof took control leaving the turn and held off a tenacious rally by Johannesburg Smile to win the 120th renewal of the Toboggan Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack Feb. 2.
Timing was just about everything when it came to the $100,000 sale topper at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed sale at Timonium Monday Dec. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Lady Shipman Seeks Graded Win at Woodbine
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Infinite Wisdom in Wide-Open Oceanport