A weanling colt from the first crop of Shackleford was the standout on the second and final day of the reformatted Fasig-Tipton New York Saratoga fall sale Oct. 7 and brought the auction's overall highest price of $150,000.
Benefiting from a patient ride, Head Heart Hoof took control leaving the turn and held off a tenacious rally by Johannesburg Smile to win the 120th renewal of the Toboggan Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack Feb. 2.
Timing was just about everything when it came to the $100,000 sale topper at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed sale at Timonium Monday Dec. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops Again at Churchill
- Milestone 5,000th Win for Jockey Bravo
- Texas Air Seeks Upset in Lone Star 'Cap
- Undefeated Promise Me Silver Aiming for Acorn
- Frammento 'Developing Nicely' for Belmont
- Why I Want a Triple Crown Winner
- Southern Honey Seeks Repeat in Winning Colors
- Xtra Luck Goes Distance for Louisville Win
- Firing Line Returns to Track at Santa Anita
- Trujillo to Move Tack to Monmouth Park