Officials in New York are considering pushing back the Sept. 29 deadline for the recommendation by a state panel on which entity should be awarded the franchise now held by the New York Racing Association.
The New York comptroller has called on the Ad Hoc Committee on the Future of Racing in New York to supplement its request for proposals for Thoroughbred racing franchise-holders to require respondents to specifically address initiatives intended to ensure the integrity of racing and wagering recommended in 2005 by court-appointed federal monitor Getnick & Getnick.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos