Struggling Shake You Down faces 12 rivals in defense of his Sunshine Millions Sprint victory of a year ago Saturday at Santa Anita Park.
Areyoutalkintome was under pressure all the way in the $110,500 El Conejo Handicap (gr. III) on a soupy Santa Anita Park main track, but he refused to give way and pulled off under Tyler Baze in the closing stage to win handily Sunday.
No matter the distance, the pace scenario or the level of competition, Hombre Rapido has only three ways of going once the gates open: fast, faster, fastest.
Green Team broke on top and kept going to win the $100,000 California Sprint Championship at Bay Meadows Saturday.
A trio of potential runners for Sunday's 59th edition of the grade I, $250,000 Bing Crosby Breeders' Cup Handicap put in final tuneups Tuesday morning for the race named for one of the founders of the seaside track.
Favored Pohave, ridden for the first time by Victor Espinoza, rolled to a three-quarters of a length victory in the $300,000 Triple Bend Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IT) Saturday at Hollywood Park for his first grade I triumph.
Defending champion Hombre Rapido will attempt to join legendary Native Diver as the only two-time winner of the $150,000 Los Angeles Times Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt
- Court Gives FL Breeders Right to Challenge Awards Plan
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'