Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) winner Sweet Catomine kicked off her 3-year-old campaign with a facile win over four overmatched foes in the $100,000 Santa Ysabel (gr. III) at Santa Anita Park Sunday.
Sharp Lisa, a strong second in the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) last month, is the clear standout in Monday's $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Park.
Sweet Catomine, whose 3-year-old debut was delayed Jan. 9 when racing at Santa Anita Park was postponed due to heavy rains and slick track conditions, returns Sunday in the rescheduled $100,000 Santa Ysabel (gr. III).
Sweet Catomine, the 2004 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) champion, makes her much-anticipated 3-year-old debut in Sunday's $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) at 1 1/16 miles for 3-year-old fillies at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- New Horsemen's Incentives at Pimlico Meet
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in South Korea
- Suffolk Expected to Apply for 2015 Live Dates
- Undrafted Opens Season in Shakertown
- Kobe's Back Returns East for Commonwealth
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'