Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) winner Sweet Catomine kicked off her 3-year-old campaign with a facile win over four overmatched foes in the $100,000 Santa Ysabel (gr. III) at Santa Anita Park Sunday.
Sharp Lisa, a strong second in the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) last month, is the clear standout in Monday's $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Park.
Sweet Catomine, whose 3-year-old debut was delayed Jan. 9 when racing at Santa Anita Park was postponed due to heavy rains and slick track conditions, returns Sunday in the rescheduled $100,000 Santa Ysabel (gr. III).
Sweet Catomine, the 2004 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) champion, makes her much-anticipated 3-year-old debut in Sunday's $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) at 1 1/16 miles for 3-year-old fillies at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Churchill Downs Inc. Names Carstanjen CEO
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Ohio Moves to Increase Losing Mount Fees
- Keeneland's New Dirt Track
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time