Maryland Gov. Robert Ehrlich Jr. will propose 13,500 slot machines for three racetracks in time to generate $600 million in state tax revenue in two years, legislative sources told the Baltimore Sun.
Churchill Downs Inc. president Tom Meeker addressed the National Council of Legislators from Gaming States Jan. 11 with calls for regulatory consistency across jurisdictions and support for expanding racetrack gambling.
Most Popular Stories
- The Pizza Man Wins Hollywood Turf Cup
- Ahh Chocolate Smooth in Falls City
- Control Stake Too Tough in Thanksgiving 'Cap
- Green Gratto Stuns Fall Highweight Field
- Heart to Heart Wire to Wire in River City
- Invaders Poised to Have Impact in Japan Cup
- Hollendorfer Gets 7,000th Win of Career
- Tonalist, Red Vine Please in Cigar Mile Drill
- Tonalist Takes on Private Zone in Cigar Mile
- Runhappy Strong in Five Furlong Move