Twenty U.S. commercial breeding entities have signed on to support the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance by donating a portion of their stud fees to support Thoroughbred aftercare in 2015.
Equine Encore Performance at Charles Town reported assisting with the placement of 54 horses from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races during its first year of operation.
The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance has awarded accreditation to 19 equine aftercare organizations, bringing the total number of accredited organizations to 42, with more than 120 facilities throughout North America.
The deadline for horse shows, horse trials, and events to apply for Thoroughbred Incentive Program (T.I.P.) awards at horse shows during the 2014 show season is Sept. 30.
Organizers of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation gala held Aug. 7 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., said the event raised about $500,000 through ticket sales and an auction of stallion seasons and travel packages.
Adena Springs Farm owner Frank Stronach has been selected to receive the inaugural Earle I. Mack Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation Champion Award.
The Jockey Club has announced renewal of the retirement checkoff program that enables owners and breeders to support Thoroughbred aftercare programs at the time they register their foals in 2011.
CANTER-Mid Atlantic is opening a racehorse rehabilitation program with donations from Delaware Park and the Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association earmarked to serve Delaware Park trainers and owners.
By Reiley McDonald -- Despite the growing number of retirement facilities for Thoroughbreds, space is limited and only a small percentage that need help are accommodated.
Most Popular Stories
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Symposium Documents Racing's Racino Problem
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win