Unbeaten Old Fashioned, at the top of many early prognostications for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), makes his 2009 debut in the $250,000 Southwest Stakes (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park Feb. 16.
Big Drama proved over the summer and fall that he could win big at Calder Race Course. He now has proved he can win big outside the friendly confines of the South Florida track.
This week, Jason and Tom analyze the Delta Jackpot Stakes (gr. III) at Delta Downs on December 5. Also Brisnet's handicapping expert The Wizard's Spotlight Play is Fair Grounds Race 5 on Saturday, Dec. 6.
Lori and George Hall's West Side Bernie made it two-for-two in his career with a victory in the $100,000 Kentucky Cup Juvenile (gr. III) at Turfway Park Sept. 27 and stamped his ticket to the Breeders' Cup at Santa Anita Park.
Gold Mark Farm's Proud Jefe hasn't started yet around two turns, but his two wins around one make him the one to beat in the Sept. 27 Kentucky Cup Juvenile Stakes (gr. III), worth $100,000, at 1 1/16 miles. The Proud Citizen colt is the only one in the field of eight with as many as two wins.
Grade I winner Tapit was represented by his first U.S. winner when his son Retap won May 14 at Churchill Downs in his first start.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts