Bill Allen, whose colt Wild Again won the inaugural Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), died July 16 at his Las Vegas home.
The Texas Thoroughbred racing scene shifts to Retama Park July 23 when the San Antonio-area track opens for a meet that extends through Sept. 25.
The board of directors of the Texas Thoroughbred Association rescinded the accreditation of Texas-bred Chauffe Au Rouge after a lengthy hearing Jan. 18. The vote was 10-4. The move would appear to begin the process of releasing two stakes purses for Texas-accredited horses which have been held in escrow since Chauffe Au Rouge won them last year.
Racing, breeding, and industry news
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Two Dates Added to Upcoming Santa Anita Meet
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Slideshow: Game On Dude
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Coltimus Prime Versus Ami's Holiday Again
- Muhtafal Retired from Stud in South Africa
- Former BH Librarian Theresa Fitzgerald Dies
- TimeformUS: The G2 Pennsylvania Derby