Bill Allen, whose colt Wild Again won the inaugural Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), died July 16 at his Las Vegas home.
The Texas Thoroughbred racing scene shifts to Retama Park July 23 when the San Antonio-area track opens for a meet that extends through Sept. 25.
- By Dan Liebman
The board of directors of the Texas Thoroughbred Association rescinded the accreditation of Texas-bred Chauffe Au Rouge after a lengthy hearing Jan. 18. The vote was 10-4. The move would appear to begin the process of releasing two stakes purses for Texas-accredited horses which have been held in escrow since Chauffe Au Rouge won them last year.
Racing, breeding, and industry news
Most Popular Stories
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work