Gross, median, and average each grew 20% or more during the Barretts winter mixed sale in Southern California.
The Equine Spectrum online auction closed after five hours of live bidding to mixed results. Five out of 17 fillies or mares sold for $1.4 million, but three top prospects failed to meet their reserves. Active bidding is still ongoing for the stallion season auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week
- The Legacy of Gone West
- First Reported Foal for Jimmy Creed
- Early Claiming Activity Robust at Oaklawn
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- Fair Grounds to Host 'Rosie Day' Feb. 21
- OBS March 2YO Sale Set for March 17-18
- Australia Expects 3.3% Drop in 2015 Foal Crop
- Monmouth Announces 2015 Stakes Schedule