Turfway Park, in cooperation with the Kentucky Council on Problem Gambling, will host one of five training sessions across the state to help health professionals and racetrack personnel recognize problem gamblers.
Expanded gambling is preferable to raising taxes to help balance Kentucky's budget, Gov. Paul Patton said Aug. 5 during a news conference that kicked off Responsible Gaming Education Week.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Churchill Considers Historic Gaming Machines
- Unbridled Unleashed
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby