Turfway Park, in cooperation with the Kentucky Council on Problem Gambling, will host one of five training sessions across the state to help health professionals and racetrack personnel recognize problem gamblers.
Expanded gambling is preferable to raising taxes to help balance Kentucky's budget, Gov. Paul Patton said Aug. 5 during a news conference that kicked off Responsible Gaming Education Week.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand