Turfway Park, in cooperation with the Kentucky Council on Problem Gambling, will host one of five training sessions across the state to help health professionals and racetrack personnel recognize problem gamblers.
Expanded gambling is preferable to raising taxes to help balance Kentucky's budget, Gov. Paul Patton said Aug. 5 during a news conference that kicked off Responsible Gaming Education Week.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence