Undefeated Uncle Mo tops the graded stakes earnings list for 3-year-olds that will likely determine the participants in the field for the 137th running of the $2 million Kentucky Derby.
Favored Inhisglory used a ground-saving trip to hang on for a head-bob at the wire by a nose over outsider Banjammer in the $50,000 Turfway Prevue Stakes Jan. 8 at Turfway Park.
Playa Maya, the dam of 2010 Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Uncle Mo, sold for $1.65 million during the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November breeding stock auction in Lexington.
Proud Heiress, rallying gamely seven paths wide for jockey Chantal Sutherland, nosed odds-on choice Tribal Belle at the wire in the $151,785 Whimsical Stakes (gr. III), the first graded stakes of Woodbine's season April 18.
A Silver Deputy filly was bought by agent Respite Farm for $160,000 Monday, the top price of the opening session at the three-day Fasig-Tipton Kentucky Fall Yearling Sale at Newtown Paddocks in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Researchers Examine Fatal Lumbar Vertebral Fractures
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack