Undefeated Uncle Mo tops the graded stakes earnings list for 3-year-olds that will likely determine the participants in the field for the 137th running of the $2 million Kentucky Derby.
Favored Inhisglory used a ground-saving trip to hang on for a head-bob at the wire by a nose over outsider Banjammer in the $50,000 Turfway Prevue Stakes Jan. 8 at Turfway Park.
Playa Maya, the dam of 2010 Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Uncle Mo, sold for $1.65 million during the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November breeding stock auction in Lexington.
Proud Heiress, rallying gamely seven paths wide for jockey Chantal Sutherland, nosed odds-on choice Tribal Belle at the wire in the $151,785 Whimsical Stakes (gr. III), the first graded stakes of Woodbine's season April 18.
A Silver Deputy filly was bought by agent Respite Farm for $160,000 Monday, the top price of the opening session at the three-day Fasig-Tipton Kentucky Fall Yearling Sale at Newtown Paddocks in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Danon Platina Captures Asahi Hai Futurity
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Trainer James DiVito Collects 1,000th Win
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas