The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering has rejected Gulfstream Park's request to move a racing permit to a Miami bay front site where it wants to build a casino.
Just one day shy of the 10th anniversary on which former New York Gov. George Pataki signed a law approving racetrack casinos, Aqueduct's new VLT facility will open the afternoon of Oct. 28.
Attendance and on-track handle posted huge gains at Aqueduct April 9 as Dianne Cotter's homebred Toby's Corner provided a stunning upset victory in the $1-million Resorts World New York Casino Wood Memorial (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Heart to Heart Among Eight for Jefferson Cup
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Tonalist, V. E. Day Work at Belmont Park