The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering has rejected Gulfstream Park's request to move a racing permit to a Miami bay front site where it wants to build a casino.
Just one day shy of the 10th anniversary on which former New York Gov. George Pataki signed a law approving racetrack casinos, Aqueduct's new VLT facility will open the afternoon of Oct. 28.
Attendance and on-track handle posted huge gains at Aqueduct April 9 as Dianne Cotter's homebred Toby's Corner provided a stunning upset victory in the $1-million Resorts World New York Casino Wood Memorial (gr. I).
The purse for this year's renamed Resorts World New York Casino Wood Memorial (gr. I) has been increased to $1 million through a presenting sponsorship from Resorts World New York to the New York Racing Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup