The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering has rejected Gulfstream Park's request to move a racing permit to a Miami bay front site where it wants to build a casino.
Just one day shy of the 10th anniversary on which former New York Gov. George Pataki signed a law approving racetrack casinos, Aqueduct's new VLT facility will open the afternoon of Oct. 28.
Attendance and on-track handle posted huge gains at Aqueduct April 9 as Dianne Cotter's homebred Toby's Corner provided a stunning upset victory in the $1-million Resorts World New York Casino Wood Memorial (gr. I).
The purse for this year's renamed Resorts World New York Casino Wood Memorial (gr. I) has been increased to $1 million through a presenting sponsorship from Resorts World New York to the New York Racing Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Into Mischief Filly MHBA Yearling Show Champ