The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering has rejected Gulfstream Park's request to move a racing permit to a Miami bay front site where it wants to build a casino.
Just one day shy of the 10th anniversary on which former New York Gov. George Pataki signed a law approving racetrack casinos, Aqueduct's new VLT facility will open the afternoon of Oct. 28.
Attendance and on-track handle posted huge gains at Aqueduct April 9 as Dianne Cotter's homebred Toby's Corner provided a stunning upset victory in the $1-million Resorts World New York Casino Wood Memorial (gr. I).
The purse for this year's renamed Resorts World New York Casino Wood Memorial (gr. I) has been increased to $1 million through a presenting sponsorship from Resorts World New York to the New York Racing Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Lani to Return in Al Maktoum Challenge Round 3
- Hartley, De Renzo Move Operation Into New Dimension
- McCraken to Miss Tampa Bay Derby With Ankle Strain
- A $300 Million Question at Pimlico Race Course
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 28, 2017
- What's Going On Here: Time Loves A Hero
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Bernardini Colt Among Horses to Watch at Gulfstream
- Illinois Board Approves $500K for Purses