The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering has rejected Gulfstream Park's request to move a racing permit to a Miami bay front site where it wants to build a casino.
Just one day shy of the 10th anniversary on which former New York Gov. George Pataki signed a law approving racetrack casinos, Aqueduct's new VLT facility will open the afternoon of Oct. 28.
Attendance and on-track handle posted huge gains at Aqueduct April 9 as Dianne Cotter's homebred Toby's Corner provided a stunning upset victory in the $1-million Resorts World New York Casino Wood Memorial (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Florida Sire Stakes Series Continues Sept. 5
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- USADA Contributes to Steroid Crackdown
- Del Mar Debutante Field Talented and Diverse
- Spendthrift Out Front with Top Sires' Fees
- Back to Business for Liam's Map in Woodward
- Goldy Espony on Streak Entering Glens Falls
- No Stability with Texas Commission Funding