The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering has rejected Gulfstream Park's request to move a racing permit to a Miami bay front site where it wants to build a casino.
Just one day shy of the 10th anniversary on which former New York Gov. George Pataki signed a law approving racetrack casinos, Aqueduct's new VLT facility will open the afternoon of Oct. 28.
Attendance and on-track handle posted huge gains at Aqueduct April 9 as Dianne Cotter's homebred Toby's Corner provided a stunning upset victory in the $1-million Resorts World New York Casino Wood Memorial (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Sageburg Will Stand in Ireland in 2015
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Maryland Jockey Club Focus on Daily Product
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Increases on Day 1 of Tattersalls Foal Sale
- Tampa Bay 2014-15 Meet Kicks Off Nov. 29
- First Winner for Hostile Takeover