A measure giving flexibility to the financial operations of the New York State Thoroughbred Breeding and Development Fund passed by a comfortable margin in the state Senate, as it has every year since 2010.
In a state unaccustomed to rosy equine industry fiscal numbers, NY officials are going out of their way to hail the breaking of the $1 million mark in proceeds to a Thoroughbred breeding fund from the new casino at Aqueduct.
Just days before the opening of the Resorts World Casino at Aqueduct, the New York Breeding and Development Fund announced a sharp increase in breeders' awards for 2012.
The New York Thoroughbred Breeders, Fasig-Tipton, and New York Racing Association during an Aug. 13 forum will discuss the future of New York racing and breeding after video lottery terminals begin operating at Aqueduct.
An anticipated $20-30 million purse boost due to VLTs key to mood around New York as Belmont Stakes day approaches.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- New Horsemen's Incentives at Pimlico Meet
- Corinthian Colt Paces F-T Texas Sale
- Lenny's Place: Opening Day Edition
- Lurie Joins Hoosier Park, Indiana Grand Teams
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in South Korea