In a state unaccustomed to rosy equine industry fiscal numbers, NY officials are going out of their way to hail the breaking of the $1 million mark in proceeds to a Thoroughbred breeding fund from the new casino at Aqueduct.
Just days before the opening of the Resorts World Casino at Aqueduct, the New York Breeding and Development Fund announced a sharp increase in breeders' awards for 2012.
The New York Thoroughbred Breeders, Fasig-Tipton, and New York Racing Association during an Aug. 13 forum will discuss the future of New York racing and breeding after video lottery terminals begin operating at Aqueduct.
An anticipated $20-30 million purse boost due to VLTs key to mood around New York as Belmont Stakes day approaches.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- HRRN Programming on New SiriusXM Channels
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Lenny's Place - Episode 1
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core