In a state unaccustomed to rosy equine industry fiscal numbers, NY officials are going out of their way to hail the breaking of the $1 million mark in proceeds to a Thoroughbred breeding fund from the new casino at Aqueduct.
Just days before the opening of the Resorts World Casino at Aqueduct, the New York Breeding and Development Fund announced a sharp increase in breeders' awards for 2012.
The New York Thoroughbred Breeders, Fasig-Tipton, and New York Racing Association during an Aug. 13 forum will discuss the future of New York racing and breeding after video lottery terminals begin operating at Aqueduct.
An anticipated $20-30 million purse boost due to VLTs key to mood around New York as Belmont Stakes day approaches.
Most Popular Stories
- Live Chat - Friday, March 7 at NOON EST
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- First NH Winner for Southwestern Heat
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Godolphin Pair Face Off in Maktoum Challenge
- Palace Malice's Wins to Benefit Research
- Expanded State-Bred Incentives at Arlington
- Indiana Downs Has New Name as Part of Rebrand
- Turfway Adds Starter Handicap Honoring Hansen