In a state unaccustomed to rosy equine industry fiscal numbers, NY officials are going out of their way to hail the breaking of the $1 million mark in proceeds to a Thoroughbred breeding fund from the new casino at Aqueduct.
Just days before the opening of the Resorts World Casino at Aqueduct, the New York Breeding and Development Fund announced a sharp increase in breeders' awards for 2012.
The New York Thoroughbred Breeders, Fasig-Tipton, and New York Racing Association during an Aug. 13 forum will discuss the future of New York racing and breeding after video lottery terminals begin operating at Aqueduct.
An anticipated $20-30 million purse boost due to VLTs key to mood around New York as Belmont Stakes day approaches.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11