Sightseeing, sire of 2012 Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) winner So Many Ways, died Dec. 8 from complications due to intestinal surgery, Richland Hills Farm president Nathan Fox confirmed Dec. 12.
If you were looking for some sense of normalcy in New York following the wild and woolly Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships, you were in for a rude awakening.
Critical Eye earned her first career stakes win as she battled with pacesetter Plenty of Light through the stretch, winning by a nose in the $200,000 Gazelle Handicap (gr. I) Saturday at Belmont Park.
Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) winner Secret Status and Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I) winner Jostle will renew their rivalry in the $750,000 Alabama Stakes (gr. I) Saturday at Saratoga.
Fox Hill Farms' Jostle led at every call en route to an upset victory over heavily favored Secret Status in the $350,000 Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I) Saturday at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race