Teaks North secured his first victory since 2011 when the two-time grade I winner opened a clear lead in the stretch on his way to a 2 1/2-length victory in the $150,000 Sunshine Millions Turf Stakes Jan. 19 at Gulfstream.
A colt by 2008 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Big Brown commanded $825,000 from Demi O'Byrne during the third session of the Keeneland September sale. He was consigned by Warrendale Sales, agent.
Multiple grade I winner Court Vision, overlooked at odds of 7-1, soared past The Usual Q. T. in deep stretch to capture the $1 million Woodbine Mile (Can-IT) at the Toronto track Sept. 19.
Take the Points crossed the wire first in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT) Feb. 6, but the 4-year-old colt was disqualified for interference, giving the win to odds-on choice Court Vision.
Kip Deville has been temporarily taken out of training by trainer Rick Dutrow after an eighth-place finish in the Aug. 2 Fourstardave Handicap (gr. IIT) at Saratoga.
Jockey Edgar Prado had a hunch and trainer Richard Dutrow Jr. let him play it as Rebel Rebel came from well off the pace to score a 2 1/4-length win in the $110,900 Poker Handicap (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Thewayyouare Relocated to Haras de Corlay
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight