Sam Gordon resigned as president of the Florida Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association July 14 citing "personal reasons" in a letter, organization officials said July 15.
Aron Wellman, 33, said he has resigned from his position as vice president of Team Valor International.
Arnold Zetcher, chairman of the Thoroughbred Owners of California, will resign from the board Feb. 16. He has served as chairman for about six months.
With the March 12 announcement of the resignation of New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer effective March 17, officials at the New York Racing Association said they don't anticipate his resignation would affect recent legislation that grants NYRA a new franchise. It could, however, impact other aspects of the franchise moving forward.
Chuck Champion has resigned his executive positions with Youbet.com, ending a five-year tenure that featured bouts of growth and turmoil for the advance deposit wagering entity.
Ingrid Fermin, executive director of the California Horse Racing Board, has submitted her resignation effective Jan. 7, 2008, the date of her third-year anniversary as chief executive for the agency that regulates horse racing in the state.
Erwin Mendelson has resigned as a member of Maryland Racing Commission, saying he was fed up with the rancor and disgusted by the continuing fighting between racing's factions.
Dr. Alex Harthill made good on a threat to resign as president of the Kentucky Horsemens' Benevolent and Protective Association on Wednesday.
His resignation is effective immediately.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout
- Don't Tell Sophia Leads Falls City Handicap
- Big Macher Shows Star Quality in Cary Grant
- East Gift Takes Unusual Path Back to Clark
- Tom's Tribute Tops Talented Seabiscuit Cast
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Calgary Cat Sizzles in Kennedy Road Triumph
- Shipper Holiday Star Faces 10 in Turf Cup
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Danon Shark Wins Mile Championship Thriller