"I'm overwhelmed with joy that so many of these horses went on to become great racehorses and productive broodmares," Taylor said. "I hope it shows others that rehabilitating Thoroughbreds can be a rewarding experience."
Shannon Hahn of Double L Equine Rescue and Sanctuary tells the story of Xatra, aka "Officer Isaac." From needing the law to becoming the law, Xantra overcame injuries due to neglect and now serves as a New York police horse. read blog
Guest blogger Mary Cage shares the story of Lights on Broadway, a horse that was rescued from a near death experience, after which he inspired the foundation of a Thoroughbred non-profit organization. read blog
Patrons at Keeneland on Oct. 29 will be given the opportunity to donate pari-mutuel tickets to Thoroughbred Charities of America, with all proceeds directed to Thoroughbred rescue and retirement.
Many may wonder what possessed Barb Hutchison to make Thoroughbred rescue her life mission, having not grown up around the industry. Read Blog
A newly formed non-profit organization, After the Finish Line, has been formed to provide funding assistance to Thoroughbred rescue organizations across the United States, the San Diego-based 501 (C) (3) announced Oct. 10.
Thoroughbred Charities of America (TCA) has approved grants of $1,227,000 spread out to 112 equine charities for the 2005 fiscal year.
It is horse racing's dirty little secret--the big black truck that regularly rolls along the backstretch of tracks large and small, and behind sales rings, picking up the cripples, the too-slow, and horses just plain not wanted by their owners anymore.
Hagyard-Davidson McGee veterinary clinic near Lexington will be hosting a three-day animal rescue course Jan. 2-4 at the Kentucky Horse Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Bal a Bali Vying for U.S. Score in American
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining