Trainer D. Wayne Lukas became the oldest trainer, at 77, to saddle a winner at the Breeders' Cup when he sent Hightail to an upset victory in the 2012 Juvenile Sprint; at 27, Craig Dollase won the 1998 Sprint with Reraise.
Danzatore, an Irish champion who sired champion Reraise, was euthanized last week.
The Ancient Title Breeders' Cup Handicap for sprinters, the Yellow Ribbon for fillies and mares, and the Norfolk Stakes highlight Saturday's card at Santa Anita that has Breeders' Cup implications.
In his first race since May of 1999, 1998 Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner Reraise led at every call to win an allowance race by 1 1/2 lengths Sunday at Hollywood Park.
1998 Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner Reraise returns from an 18-month layoff to run in a six-furlong allowance race Sunday at Hollywood Park. The Craig Dollase-trained 5-year-old gelding has won seven of eight career starts and will be ridden by Corey Nakatnai.
Tiznow worked six furlongs at Santa Anita Thursday under regular rider Chris McCarron in his final major work prior to the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I). Honest Lady continued preparations for the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) with a bullet five-furlong work Thursday at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Catalog Online for Barretts Select Sale