A well-matched field of fillies and mares, including defending champion Repository, is entered to run in the 5 1/2-furlong Stravinsky Stakes over the Keeneland turf course Sunday.
A full field of fillies and mares, including Brazilian star Unificada, multiple stakes winner Repository, and Dixie Tactics, winner of the A.P. Indy Stakes during the fall meet, will go to the post for Saturday's $75,000-added Stravinsky at Keeneland.
Embassy Belle is winless in two starts in the United States, but the 5-year-old Irish-bred mare has far from disgraced herself. She returns to the downhill turf course Saturday in the $100,000 Las Cienegas Handicap (Gr. III) for older fillies and mares.
Repository won a pace battle with betting favorite Paga and held off the flying Brocky's Dream to earn a half-length victory Wednesday in the $80,400 Winter Solstice Stakes at Santa Anita. Earlier, Santa Catarina made a successful return in an allowance race as the heavy favorite.
Laffit Pincay Jr. closed out the year in style Tuesday with three winning rides at Santa Anita, including the $114,700 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Lil Sister Stich.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap