The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. Aug. 21 announced that it will institute the use of a repository at all its auctions, beginning with the 2016 winter mixed sale in January.
A well-matched field of fillies and mares, including defending champion Repository, is entered to run in the 5 1/2-furlong Stravinsky Stakes over the Keeneland turf course Sunday.
A full field of fillies and mares, including Brazilian star Unificada, multiple stakes winner Repository, and Dixie Tactics, winner of the A.P. Indy Stakes during the fall meet, will go to the post for Saturday's $75,000-added Stravinsky at Keeneland.
Embassy Belle is winless in two starts in the United States, but the 5-year-old Irish-bred mare has far from disgraced herself. She returns to the downhill turf course Saturday in the $100,000 Las Cienegas Handicap (Gr. III) for older fillies and mares.
Repository won a pace battle with betting favorite Paga and held off the flying Brocky's Dream to earn a half-length victory Wednesday in the $80,400 Winter Solstice Stakes at Santa Anita. Earlier, Santa Catarina made a successful return in an allowance race as the heavy favorite.
Laffit Pincay Jr. closed out the year in style Tuesday with three winning rides at Santa Anita, including the $114,700 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Lil Sister Stich.
Most Popular Stories
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- First Winner for Caleb's Posse at Gulfstream
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 27, 2016