The 2014 Thoroughbred Mares Bred Report shows what stallions approximately 34,540 North American mares were bred to in 2014 as reported to The Jockey Club. The statistics reported include about 90% of actual mares bred. Download Report
Will it be Easter Bunnette, dam of Havre de Grace? Oatsee, dam of Shackleford? Vote for your choice today. Vote Now!
Maryland horse racing needs improved marketing, quality facilities, and better racing, according to a report released Dec. 1 by the Maryland Horse Industry Board.
- By Tom LaMarra
A new report by the New York Senate Committee on Racing, Gaming, and Wagering lists the top 10 problems in horse racing in the state and solutions for them.
- By Tom LaMarra
A study authorized by New York City Off-Track Betting Corp., the largest such entity in New York, recommends action designed to maximize the operation and capitalize on marketing opportunities.
The Kentucky Auditor's Office has released reports that show the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority needs stronger financial management and accountability.
New technology is giving the horse racing industry its greatest potential to convert millions of new fans and substantially increase profits, according to a recently released analysis by the Bear Stearns investment bank.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet