A condylar fracture of a cannon bone knocked Darley Debutante (gr. I) winner Mi Sueno out of the $300,000 Oak Leaf Stakes (gr. I) this week and 13 juvenile fillies are hoping to take advantage at Oak Tree's Santa Anita meet Oct. 4.
Mi Sueno, who left odds-on choice Necessary Evil far behind when she captured the Sorrento Stakes (gr. III) one month ago, headlines a field of 10 2-year-old fillies in the $300,000 Darley Debutante Stakes (gr. I) at Del Mar Sept. 5.
The filly Necessary Evil maintained a comfortable edge over her four male rivals and sprinted away in the stretch to win the $100,000 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III) as the strong favorite at Hollywood Park July 12.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Wall, McKay Named to Media Honor Roll
- Oxley Makes Pledge to Grayson-Jockey Club
- Top Global Runners Vie in Hong Kong Races
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic