An Illinois House of Representatives committee May 25 failed to approve legislation that would have expanded casino gambling and awarded slot machines to racetracks in the state.
Democratic Illinois Rep. Lou Lang reiterated Jan. 15 he intends to push legislation authorizing racetrack slot machines and will begin drafting a bill the week of Jan. 17.
An Illinois legislator said he would propose an expansion of gambling that would include racetrack slot machines.
A key Illinois lawmaker has unveiled comprehensive gaming legislation that would authorize 3,200 slot machines for Illinois racetracks.
Most Popular Stories
- Outplay Outclasses Competition in Curlin Stakes
- Bidding on Belmont Land Allowed; NHL Team Interested
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Litfin at Large: Big 3-Year-Old Races This Weekend
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Monmouth's Big Day
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Miss Temple City Set for U.S. Return in Matchmaker
- Queen's Plate Winner Holy Helena Aiming for Alabama
- Terra Promessa, Paid Up Subscriber Face Off in Shuvee
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory