Legislation to authorize a pari-mutuel tax break for Keeneland, which will host this year's Breeders' Cup World Championships, has been filed in the Kentucky General Assembly.
Casinos at five racetracks in Kentucky would generate about $86 million a year for the horse industry, a sponsor of expanded gambling legislation told the House Licensing and Occupations Committee Jan. 15.
The Kentucky House Feb. 27 passed legislation that in part would take revenue from historical race wagering to fund pensions for state workers, but one lawmaker questioned the bill's impact on the horse industry.
With the Kentucky General Assembly seemingly headed for a special session this spring or summer to address a substantial revenue deficit, a legislative committee March 12 heard testimony on a bill that would authorize video lottery terminals at racetracks in the state.
Most Popular Stories
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast