Federal legislation that would regulate online poker and games of skill protects pari-mutuel horse racing under the Interstate Horseracing Act and includes various tax breaks sought by the racing industry, the National Thoroughbred Racing Association said Aug. 7.
A bill that would end a ban on wagering online in the United States was introduced May 6 by Democratic Rep. Barney Frank of Massachusetts.
The Bush administration issued a final regulation Nov. 12 aimed at banning Internet gambling, drawing criticism from Democrats who said it would burden financial companies.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29