Magna Entertainment Corp. said Feb. 18 it might not be able to meet pressing financial obligations unless alternative measures are found, a revelation disclosed following the sudden halt of a controversial reorganization proposal for the company and its controlling shareholder, MI Developments.
A longtime adversarial shareholder in MI Developments has blasted the latest reorganization proposal to spin-off subsidiary Magna Entertainment Corp., a plan which includes $75 million in funding for a potential slots parlor at Laurel Park in Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Travers Day Handle Just Shy of $50 Million
- Tiz Love First Winner for Slew's Tiznow
- NY Fan Forum: Focus on Customer Service
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Loss Can't Derail Pharoah Phenomenon
- Island Town Crushes Smarty Jones Field
- Private Zone Speeds to Forego Victory
- Australian Trainer Bart Cummings Dies at 87