Magna Entertainment Corp. said Feb. 18 it might not be able to meet pressing financial obligations unless alternative measures are found, a revelation disclosed following the sudden halt of a controversial reorganization proposal for the company and its controlling shareholder, MI Developments.
A longtime adversarial shareholder in MI Developments has blasted the latest reorganization proposal to spin-off subsidiary Magna Entertainment Corp., a plan which includes $75 million in funding for a potential slots parlor at Laurel Park in Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale
- NYRA May Lose Skorton as Chairman
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- Haskin's One for the Roses: Honor Code
- Tapiture Breezes For Rebel Stakes
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap