New York Racing Association president Chris Kay provided some good news April 29 when he outlined changes that helped fuel a profitable year at NYRA in 2014.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders have reached an accord on the temporary takeover of the New York Racing Association by the state government.
The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association could be reorganized July 24 should its board of directors approve a recommendation that the organization create the positions of a paid chief executive officer and a president/chairman who would receive an honorarium.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- Fasig-Tipton to Sponsor Two KY Downs Stakes
- Renamed First Winner for Everyday Heroes
- Ironicus Has New Challenge in Bernard Baruch
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Top Sprinter Secret Circle Retired to Stud
- First Winner Lands for Sire General Quarters
- Top Sanford Runners Meet Again in Hopeful
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016