New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders have reached an accord on the temporary takeover of the New York Racing Association by the state government.
The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association could be reorganized July 24 should its board of directors approve a recommendation that the organization create the positions of a paid chief executive officer and a president/chairman who would receive an honorarium.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Woodbine Announces 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury