New York Racing Association president Chris Kay provided some good news April 29 when he outlined changes that helped fuel a profitable year at NYRA in 2014.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders have reached an accord on the temporary takeover of the New York Racing Association by the state government.
- By Tom LaMarra
The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association could be reorganized July 24 should its board of directors approve a recommendation that the organization create the positions of a paid chief executive officer and a president/chairman who would receive an honorarium.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- NYRA Privatization Bill Filed
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Belmont Fan Bash to Be Held June 9