New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders have reached an accord on the temporary takeover of the New York Racing Association by the state government.
The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association could be reorganized July 24 should its board of directors approve a recommendation that the organization create the positions of a paid chief executive officer and a president/chairman who would receive an honorarium.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?