New York Racing Association president Chris Kay provided some good news April 29 when he outlined changes that helped fuel a profitable year at NYRA in 2014.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders have reached an accord on the temporary takeover of the New York Racing Association by the state government.
The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association could be reorganized July 24 should its board of directors approve a recommendation that the organization create the positions of a paid chief executive officer and a president/chairman who would receive an honorarium.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- Sprint Champ, Commanding Curve Spice Stakes
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- The Week in Photos for 7/28/2015
- Steps Toward Integrity
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline
- Curalina Gets CCA Oaks After 'Chatterbox' DQ