New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders have reached an accord on the temporary takeover of the New York Racing Association by the state government.
The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association could be reorganized July 24 should its board of directors approve a recommendation that the organization create the positions of a paid chief executive officer and a president/chairman who would receive an honorarium.
Most Popular Stories
- First Reported Foal for Point of Entry
- First Reported Foal for Rattlesnake Bridge
- Through the Lens: Wise Dan Photo Gets Award
- Australian Vets Support New Racing Rule on Cobalt
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Subjective vs. Objective Lameness Identification Methods
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions