New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders have reached an accord on the temporary takeover of the New York Racing Association by the state government.
The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association could be reorganized July 24 should its board of directors approve a recommendation that the organization create the positions of a paid chief executive officer and a president/chairman who would receive an honorarium.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released
- Oaklawn to Offer Bonuses for Lasix-Free Wins
- Jockey Club: Study Shows Lasix Not Needed
- Wise Dan and His Quarter Horse Buddy Donnie
- Study Examines EIPH and Racing Performance