New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders have reached an accord on the temporary takeover of the New York Racing Association by the state government.
The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association could be reorganized July 24 should its board of directors approve a recommendation that the organization create the positions of a paid chief executive officer and a president/chairman who would receive an honorarium.
Most Popular Stories
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Final Breeders' Cup Board Seats Filled
- Harris, Frazier Lead 2014 Washingon HOF Class
- Filly Taghrooda Takes Aim at Ascot History
- OBS Fall Sale to Include Horses of Racing Age
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Equineline 'Pedigree Binder' Now Available
- Global Gaming Almanac Set for July 28 Release
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy