New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders have reached an accord on the temporary takeover of the New York Racing Association by the state government.
The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association could be reorganized July 24 should its board of directors approve a recommendation that the organization create the positions of a paid chief executive officer and a president/chairman who would receive an honorarium.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Illinois Gaming Plans Would Slice Racing Aid
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations
- Dude Back On Game for Charles Town Classic
- Street Boss Colt Among Top OBS Day 2 Workers
- Eight Rivals Try Kid Cruz in Federico Tesio