New York Racing Association president Chris Kay provided some good news April 29 when he outlined changes that helped fuel a profitable year at NYRA in 2014.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders have reached an accord on the temporary takeover of the New York Racing Association by the state government.
The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association could be reorganized July 24 should its board of directors approve a recommendation that the organization create the positions of a paid chief executive officer and a president/chairman who would receive an honorarium.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops Again at Churchill
- Milestone 5,000th Win for Jockey Bravo
- Texas Air Seeks Upset in Lone Star 'Cap
- Undefeated Promise Me Silver Aiming for Acorn
- Frammento 'Developing Nicely' for Belmont
- Why I Want a Triple Crown Winner
- Firing Line Returns to Track at Santa Anita
- Xtra Luck Goes Distance for Louisville Win
- Southern Honey Seeks Repeat in Winning Colors
- Trujillo to Move Tack to Monmouth Park