Multiple graded stakes winner Reneesgotzip and Renda, who is the dam of grade I winner Rock Fall, each fetched seven figures at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November sale Nov. 1 in Lexington.
Since scoring in the Forward Gal (gr. II) less than a month ago, Frolic's Dream was purchased privately and has changed barns, but that won't keep the promising filly from trying to win for the fifth time in six starts in the $150,000 Davona Dale Stakes (gr. II) March 1 at Gulfstream Park.
Sent off as the 3-2 favorite in the six-horse field, Dare To Dream Stable's homebred Frolic's Dream took command easily in the far turn and ran on to an easy victory in the $150,000 Forward Gal Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park on Jan. 30.
Gemswick Park and Frolic's Dream, separated by two noses when they finished first and third, respectively, in the six-furlong Old Hat Stakes (gr. III)) on Jan. 4, return to Gulfstream Park Jan. 30 as the two likely favorites in the Forward Gal Stakes (gr. II).
A wide-open field of 12, led by lukewarm morning-line favorite Laragh, was drawn for the inaugural $1-million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf at Santa Anita Park.
With the undefeated English star 2-year-old filly Rainbow View skipping the Breeders' Cup, the inaugural running of the $1-million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf figures to be a wide-open affair
HRTV's weekly series analyzing each division of the Breeders' Cup. This episode includes works from Curlin and Big Brown, recaps of the Spinster, Alcibiades, and Frizette and much, much more.
Freshmen sires Medaglia d'Oro and Mr. Livingston, both by El Prado, were represented by their respective first winners when Richard Rowan's Renda and Theresa and David Palmer and Merritt Racing's D. C.'s Legacy won at Calder Race Course May 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection