Trainer Richard Jackson on Wednesday declared Remington Rock a non-starter for Saturday's Oaklawn Handicap (gr. I) due to sickness. The defection of Remington Rock from Oaklawn Park's Saturday co-feature leaves an expected field of eight for the 1 1/8-mile race.
Dollar Bill will race under 114 pounds, including jockey Jorge Chavez, when he goes postward in Saturday's $500,000 Oaklawn Handicap (gr. I).
Don C. McNeill homebred Mr Ross passed Big Numbers in the stretch, then held off fast-closing Remington Rock by a neck Saturday to win the $100,000 Razorback Handicap (gr. III) for the second year in a row.
Mr Ross settled in sixth-place after the opening half mile before launching a wide rally to win the $75,000 Essex Handicap (gr. III) by 1 3/4 lengths on a sloppy track at Oaklawn Park on Saturday. Remington Rock finished second, followed by Maysville Slew, Gatewood, Mister Deville, and Lights On Broadway. Dust On the Bottle dumped rider Tim Doocy after breaking awkwardly from the gate.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala