Broadway Empire, a Turf Paradise-based gelding who shipped to Oklahoma after back-to-back wins in Alberta, Canada, grabbed the early lead and never looked back en route to victory in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington.
Six stakes races on the Sept. 29 Remington Park card are led by the Oklahoma Derby (gr. III) and Remington Park Oaks. Departing seeks a fourth derby victory and Marathon Lady her first stakes score in the Oaks.
Politicallycorrect, rallying way wide through the homestretch for Kent Desormeaux, caught favored Willy Beamin in the final few strides to post an upset in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby Sept. 30 at Remington Park.
Recent grade I winner Willy Beamin is part of a 10-horse field that includes fellow shippers Prospective and and Daddy Nose Best on the biggest day of the season at Remington Park Sept. 30.
Remington Park in Oklahoma has bumped up the stakes schedule for its 2011 Thoroughbred meet, which runs from Aug. 18-Dec. 10.
Favored Pleasant Prince took the overland route in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington Park Oct. 10, scoring a convincing four-length victory for his second win in three starts.
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George
- Gunnevera, Three Rules Work toward Fountain of Youth