Broadway Empire, a Turf Paradise-based gelding who shipped to Oklahoma after back-to-back wins in Alberta, Canada, grabbed the early lead and never looked back en route to victory in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington.
Six stakes races on the Sept. 29 Remington Park card are led by the Oklahoma Derby (gr. III) and Remington Park Oaks. Departing seeks a fourth derby victory and Marathon Lady her first stakes score in the Oaks.
Politicallycorrect, rallying way wide through the homestretch for Kent Desormeaux, caught favored Willy Beamin in the final few strides to post an upset in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby Sept. 30 at Remington Park.
Recent grade I winner Willy Beamin is part of a 10-horse field that includes fellow shippers Prospective and and Daddy Nose Best on the biggest day of the season at Remington Park Sept. 30.
Remington Park in Oklahoma has bumped up the stakes schedule for its 2011 Thoroughbred meet, which runs from Aug. 18-Dec. 10.
Favored Pleasant Prince took the overland route in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington Park Oct. 10, scoring a convincing four-length victory for his second win in three starts.
Most Popular Stories
- Charles Town Cancels Friday Evening Card
- Ohio Begins Examination of Medication Rules
- Sabercat to Averett Farm in Louisiana
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Superficial Digital Flexor Tendon Rupture in Older Horses
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Euro Exchange Tops Finale at OBS Winter Sale
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale