Broadway Empire, a Turf Paradise-based gelding who shipped to Oklahoma after back-to-back wins in Alberta, Canada, grabbed the early lead and never looked back en route to victory in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington.
Six stakes races on the Sept. 29 Remington Park card are led by the Oklahoma Derby (gr. III) and Remington Park Oaks. Departing seeks a fourth derby victory and Marathon Lady her first stakes score in the Oaks.
Politicallycorrect, rallying way wide through the homestretch for Kent Desormeaux, caught favored Willy Beamin in the final few strides to post an upset in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby Sept. 30 at Remington Park.
Recent grade I winner Willy Beamin is part of a 10-horse field that includes fellow shippers Prospective and and Daddy Nose Best on the biggest day of the season at Remington Park Sept. 30.
Remington Park in Oklahoma has bumped up the stakes schedule for its 2011 Thoroughbred meet, which runs from Aug. 18-Dec. 10.
Favored Pleasant Prince took the overland route in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington Park Oct. 10, scoring a convincing four-length victory for his second win in three starts.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Wrap
- Kentucky Derby: Carrots for American Pharoah
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Post Kentucky Derby News Update for May 3
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Filly Completes Guineas Double for Coolmore
- Kentucky Derby: Bob Baffert Reflects on Derby
- Kentucky Derby: Firing Line to Preakness