D' Funnybone tracks a hot early pace set by Discreetly Mine and Eightyfiveinafifty and cruises home to win the seven-furlong Woody Stephens by 3 1/4 lengths.
Multiple grade II winner D' Funnybone gets back to his favored distance of seven furlongs when he takes on four other 3-year-olds in the $250,000 Woody Stephens Stakes (gr. II) June 5 at Belmont Park.
Nick Zito found another major contender for next month's Belmont Stakes (gr. I), as Richard Pell's Fly Down demolished six 3-year-old rivals in the $200,000 Dwyer Stakes (gr. II) May 8 at Belmont Park.
Jason, Tom, and Tim Holland preview the Dwyer Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park. Watch Video
Eightyfiveinafifty made a winning return in the seven-furlong Bay Shore Stakes (gr. III) and cruised to a 2 1/2-length victory under Ramon Dominguez in the $200,000 event.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11