D' Funnybone tracks a hot early pace set by Discreetly Mine and Eightyfiveinafifty and cruises home to win the seven-furlong Woody Stephens by 3 1/4 lengths.
Multiple grade II winner D' Funnybone gets back to his favored distance of seven furlongs when he takes on four other 3-year-olds in the $250,000 Woody Stephens Stakes (gr. II) June 5 at Belmont Park.
Nick Zito found another major contender for next month's Belmont Stakes (gr. I), as Richard Pell's Fly Down demolished six 3-year-old rivals in the $200,000 Dwyer Stakes (gr. II) May 8 at Belmont Park.
Jason, Tom, and Tim Holland preview the Dwyer Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park. Watch Video
Eightyfiveinafifty made a winning return in the seven-furlong Bay Shore Stakes (gr. III) and cruised to a 2 1/2-length victory under Ramon Dominguez in the $200,000 event.
Most Popular Stories
- Subjective vs. Objective Lameness Identification Methods
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76