Pacesetting Egg Drop battled back after giving away the lead in the stretch to score a nose victory over Discreet Marq in the final Matriarch Stakes (gr. IT) at Betfair Hollywood Park Dec. 1.
Favored Egg Drop, a $12,000 Ocala yearling buy, recorded her second grade II victory in a row when she tallied by a head in the $150,000 Goldikova Stakes on the turf Nov. 3 at Santa Anita Park.
Egg Drop held on to her first stakes victory when she nipped Appealing by a head in the $150,000 Yellow Ribbon Handicap (gr. IIT) on the turf Sept. 2 at Del Mar, then survived a long stewards' inquiry into the final stages.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud