Pacesetting Egg Drop battled back after giving away the lead in the stretch to score a nose victory over Discreet Marq in the final Matriarch Stakes (gr. IT) at Betfair Hollywood Park Dec. 1.
Favored Egg Drop, a $12,000 Ocala yearling buy, recorded her second grade II victory in a row when she tallied by a head in the $150,000 Goldikova Stakes on the turf Nov. 3 at Santa Anita Park.
Egg Drop held on to her first stakes victory when she nipped Appealing by a head in the $150,000 Yellow Ribbon Handicap (gr. IIT) on the turf Sept. 2 at Del Mar, then survived a long stewards' inquiry into the final stages.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- USADA Contributes to Steroid Crackdown
- Del Mar Debutante Field Talented and Diverse
- Back to Business for Liam's Map in Woodward
- Spendthrift Out Front with Top Sires' Fees
- Goldy Espony on Streak Entering Glens Falls
- Suffolk to Reopen for First of Three Programs
- No Stability with Texas Commission Funding
- Takeover Target Heads Saranac