Jockey Rene Douglas, who was seriously injured in a May 23 racing accident at Arlington Park, has issued his first statement since the accident occurred. Douglas, who is currently paralyzed from the chest down, sent a letter to the 3,527-member Facebook group 'Rene Douglas Get Well Card,' in which he voiced his appreciation to the racing community.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet