Split with Standardbreds keeps uniformity elusive. read blog
Senators voted 32-18 Monday to approve the bill that would allow Indiana's 10 riverboat casinos to move inland to adjacent property and permit live table games at the two horse track casinos.
From state to state, the significant disparity in racing is in enforcement. read blog
Revised regulations adopted by the West Virginia Racing Commission would allow the agency to take action against permit holders found to have knowingly sold a horse for slaughter.
A Nov. 19 discussion of proposed regulations for advance deposit wagering in Kentucky drew calls for disclosure of revenue and concerns over the impact ADW is having on purses in the state.
By Stan Bowker -- With 38 pari-mutuel horse racing states and 38 sets of rules, achieving uniformity in anything, especially disqualifications for interference, is a constant challenge.
Due to concerns resulting from last year's foal losses attributed to mare reproductive loss syndrome (MRLS), the Kentucky Department of Agriculture Feb. 4 filed emergency regulations regarding procedures that are followed when breeding an imported mare in the state.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- From New York to California and most places in between, state governments -- with few exceptions -- have not been very good friends or partners to racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Clement Hirsch: Iotapa After BC Distaff Slot
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- Trainer Joshua Stein Wins in Debut at Sonoma
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt
- Tom Amoss Secures 3,000th Training Victory
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Stronach Group Names Vet O'Neil to Key Post
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll