The Jockey Club reminds owners and breeders that a valid attempt to name foals of 2013 must be made by Feb. 1 to avoid a $100 late fee.
- By BloodHorse Staff
- Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region
A valid attempt to name foals of 2006 must be made by Feb. 1, 2008, in order to avoid a $75 late fee, The Jockey Club announced Dec. 27.
The Jockey Club has announced a change in its Stud Book rules that will permit representatives of the organization to physically inspect horses. According to a release, the rule change was made to insure the accurate foaling date of foals listed as born right after the first of the year.
Edward A. (Buddy) Bishop, who has served as The Jockey Club's registrar since 1984, will retire at year's end and will be succeeded by Rick Bailey.
The Jockey Club has re-designed both its corporate home page and the Registry web site in order to give visitors a better understanding of the organization and its family of companies and to simplify the manner in which owners and breeders perform registration-related functions online.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic