The Jockey Club reminds owners and breeders that a valid attempt to name foals of 2013 must be made by Feb. 1 to avoid a $100 late fee.
- By Blood-Horse Staff
- Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region
A valid attempt to name foals of 2006 must be made by Feb. 1, 2008, in order to avoid a $75 late fee, The Jockey Club announced Dec. 27.
The Jockey Club has announced a change in its Stud Book rules that will permit representatives of the organization to physically inspect horses. According to a release, the rule change was made to insure the accurate foaling date of foals listed as born right after the first of the year.
Edward A. (Buddy) Bishop, who has served as The Jockey Club's registrar since 1984, will retire at year's end and will be succeeded by Rick Bailey.
The Jockey Club has re-designed both its corporate home page and the Registry web site in order to give visitors a better understanding of the organization and its family of companies and to simplify the manner in which owners and breeders perform registration-related functions online.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI