A field of 10 lightly-raced 2-year-old fillies has been entered for the $150,000 JPMorgan Chase Jessamine Stakes (gr. IIIT) that highlights the Oct. 9 card at Keeneland Race Course.
Trainer George "Rusty" Arnold believed Zinzay was going to be a turf horse and the Smart Strike filly showed her affinity for that surface when she won a 1 1/16-mile maiden special weight for 2-year-old fillies.
Nearly a year after Nat Rea bought his first Thoroughbreds, the Canadian will see the first runners bearing the colors of his Regis stable in action before the end of the current Saratoga Race Course meet.
Most Popular Stories
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru