A field of 10 lightly-raced 2-year-old fillies has been entered for the $150,000 JPMorgan Chase Jessamine Stakes (gr. IIIT) that highlights the Oct. 9 card at Keeneland Race Course.
Trainer George "Rusty" Arnold believed Zinzay was going to be a turf horse and the Smart Strike filly showed her affinity for that surface when she won a 1 1/16-mile maiden special weight for 2-year-old fillies.
Nearly a year after Nat Rea bought his first Thoroughbreds, the Canadian will see the first runners bearing the colors of his Regis stable in action before the end of the current Saratoga Race Course meet.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released