A field of 10 lightly-raced 2-year-old fillies has been entered for the $150,000 JPMorgan Chase Jessamine Stakes (gr. IIIT) that highlights the Oct. 9 card at Keeneland Race Course.
Trainer George "Rusty" Arnold believed Zinzay was going to be a turf horse and the Smart Strike filly showed her affinity for that surface when she won a 1 1/16-mile maiden special weight for 2-year-old fillies.
Nearly a year after Nat Rea bought his first Thoroughbreds, the Canadian will see the first runners bearing the colors of his Regis stable in action before the end of the current Saratoga Race Course meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing