A field of 10 lightly-raced 2-year-old fillies has been entered for the $150,000 JPMorgan Chase Jessamine Stakes (gr. IIIT) that highlights the Oct. 9 card at Keeneland Race Course.
Trainer George "Rusty" Arnold believed Zinzay was going to be a turf horse and the Smart Strike filly showed her affinity for that surface when she won a 1 1/16-mile maiden special weight for 2-year-old fillies.
Nearly a year after Nat Rea bought his first Thoroughbreds, the Canadian will see the first runners bearing the colors of his Regis stable in action before the end of the current Saratoga Race Course meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- OBS Winter Mixed Sale Catalog Now Online