Regis Racing's Zindaya earned her second straight stakes win when she pulled away from the pack to take the $150,000 Intercontinental Stakes at Belmont Park June 4.
A pair of colts best known to this point in their careers for strong runner-up finishes in graded stakes this spring, Stanford and Donworth, head a field of five 3-year-olds in the $150,000 WinStar Farm Easy Goer Stakes.
The Sir Barton, a 1 1/16-mile race for 3-year-olds, is one of four ungraded stakes scheduled for Saturday's Preakness Day card at Pimlico, along with the James W. Murphy, Chick Lang Stakes, and The Very One Stakes.
Regis Racing's Shook Up tuned-up for her planned run in the $1 million Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) with a sparkling five-furlong work April 19 at Churchill Downs.
Gunning from the rail for Rafael Bejarano, Seduire put away pace rival Xoxo leaving the turn and kicked away in the drive to win the $200,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr.II) in a powerful performance Jan. 3 at Santa Anita Park.
A field of 10 lightly-raced 2-year-old fillies has been entered for the $150,000 JPMorgan Chase Jessamine Stakes (gr. IIIT) that highlights the Oct. 9 card at Keeneland Race Course.
Trainer George "Rusty" Arnold believed Zinzay was going to be a turf horse and the Smart Strike filly showed her affinity for that surface when she won a 1 1/16-mile maiden special weight for 2-year-old fillies.
Nearly a year after Nat Rea bought his first Thoroughbreds, the Canadian will see the first runners bearing the colors of his Regis stable in action before the end of the current Saratoga Race Course meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset