A field of 10 lightly-raced 2-year-old fillies has been entered for the $150,000 JPMorgan Chase Jessamine Stakes (gr. IIIT) that highlights the Oct. 9 card at Keeneland Race Course.
Trainer George "Rusty" Arnold believed Zinzay was going to be a turf horse and the Smart Strike filly showed her affinity for that surface when she won a 1 1/16-mile maiden special weight for 2-year-old fillies.
Nearly a year after Nat Rea bought his first Thoroughbreds, the Canadian will see the first runners bearing the colors of his Regis stable in action before the end of the current Saratoga Race Course meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures