The Thoroughbred Corporation's Regiment, a 4-year-old son of Outflanker, was purchased by agent Bruno De Berdt for $100,000 to top Tuesday's opening session of the Barretts Equine Ltd.'s winter mixed sale.
A short field of five horses is headed to Saturday's La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIIT), a key prep for the Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT).
Trainer Bobby Frankel notched another stakes win Sunday when Inesperado closed from the back of the pack to win in the $182,600 Cinema Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park. Under Kent Desormeaux, the French-bred son of Zayyani completed the 1 1/8 miles in 1:47.63 on the firm turf.
Inesperado might feel more inspiration than usual when he lines up for the $200,000-added Cinema Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park Sunday.
In his debut as a handicap horse, Congaree ended a 10-month break from competition with a victory in the Lone Star Park Handicap.
With Santa Anita switching to twilight racing on Friday and a two-day pick six carryover of $462,042 heading into the card, handicappers will have a couple of extra hours to contemplate their wagers.
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Sircat Sally Faces Stiff Test in San Clemente