The Thoroughbred Corporation's Regiment, a 4-year-old son of Outflanker, was purchased by agent Bruno De Berdt for $100,000 to top Tuesday's opening session of the Barretts Equine Ltd.'s winter mixed sale.
A short field of five horses is headed to Saturday's La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIIT), a key prep for the Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT).
Trainer Bobby Frankel notched another stakes win Sunday when Inesperado closed from the back of the pack to win in the $182,600 Cinema Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park. Under Kent Desormeaux, the French-bred son of Zayyani completed the 1 1/8 miles in 1:47.63 on the firm turf.
Inesperado might feel more inspiration than usual when he lines up for the $200,000-added Cinema Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park Sunday.
In his debut as a handicap horse, Congaree ended a 10-month break from competition with a victory in the Lone Star Park Handicap.
With Santa Anita switching to twilight racing on Friday and a two-day pick six carryover of $462,042 heading into the card, handicappers will have a couple of extra hours to contemplate their wagers.
Most Popular Stories
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- OBS Winter Mixed Sale Catalog Now Online
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew