Saint Marden went from allowance winner to stakes winner after notching a 1 1/2-length win in Wednesday's Discovery Handicap (gr. III) on opening day at Aqueduct. Regency Park was second, with No Parole another 1 3/4 lengths back in third. Under jockey Jerry Bailey, the winner completed the 1 1/8-mile distance in 1:49.13 over a fast track.
Saint Marden picked up some new believers Wednesday in Aqueduct's fall opening day $114,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) for 3-year-olds.
Saratoga Notebook: Left Bank Ready to Return Home; McGaughey Reflects on Sunday Silence-Easy Goer Rivalry
Trainer Todd Pletcher said Monday that Left Bank was close to being released from a Massachusetts clinic and sent to owner Michael Tabor's Ashford Stud in central Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance