Saint Marden went from allowance winner to stakes winner after notching a 1 1/2-length win in Wednesday's Discovery Handicap (gr. III) on opening day at Aqueduct. Regency Park was second, with No Parole another 1 3/4 lengths back in third. Under jockey Jerry Bailey, the winner completed the 1 1/8-mile distance in 1:49.13 over a fast track.
Saint Marden picked up some new believers Wednesday in Aqueduct's fall opening day $114,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) for 3-year-olds.
Saratoga Notebook: Left Bank Ready to Return Home; McGaughey Reflects on Sunday Silence-Easy Goer Rivalry
Trainer Todd Pletcher said Monday that Left Bank was close to being released from a Massachusetts clinic and sent to owner Michael Tabor's Ashford Stud in central Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Canadian Horse Racing Plans Anniversary 250 Celebration
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal