Saint Marden went from allowance winner to stakes winner after notching a 1 1/2-length win in Wednesday's Discovery Handicap (gr. III) on opening day at Aqueduct. Regency Park was second, with No Parole another 1 3/4 lengths back in third. Under jockey Jerry Bailey, the winner completed the 1 1/8-mile distance in 1:49.13 over a fast track.
Saint Marden picked up some new believers Wednesday in Aqueduct's fall opening day $114,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) for 3-year-olds.
Saratoga Notebook: Left Bank Ready to Return Home; McGaughey Reflects on Sunday Silence-Easy Goer Rivalry
Trainer Todd Pletcher said Monday that Left Bank was close to being released from a Massachusetts clinic and sent to owner Michael Tabor's Ashford Stud in central Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill