Robin Scully, prominent Thoroughbred breeder and owner, died in his sleep July 12 at his home, Abbottswood, in the village of Stow-on-the-Wold, in the English Cotswolds. He was 89 years old.
Quarter Given, a winning half brother to 2003 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) and 2004 Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) winner Pleasantly Perfect, will enter stud in 2013 at Indiana Stallion Station in Anderson, Ind.
Regal State, whose son, Pleasantly Perfect, won the 2003 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), was euthanized March 18 at Robin F. Scully's Clovelly Farms near Lexington at age 28.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award