Robin Scully, prominent Thoroughbred breeder and owner, died in his sleep July 12 at his home, Abbottswood, in the village of Stow-on-the-Wold, in the English Cotswolds. He was 89 years old.
Quarter Given, a winning half brother to 2003 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) and 2004 Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) winner Pleasantly Perfect, will enter stud in 2013 at Indiana Stallion Station in Anderson, Ind.
Regal State, whose son, Pleasantly Perfect, won the 2003 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), was euthanized March 18 at Robin F. Scully's Clovelly Farms near Lexington at age 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Equine Attorneys Group Elects Philpott
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch
- Anchor Down Retired to Gainesway