Robin Scully, prominent Thoroughbred breeder and owner, died in his sleep July 12 at his home, Abbottswood, in the village of Stow-on-the-Wold, in the English Cotswolds. He was 89 years old.
Quarter Given, a winning half brother to 2003 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) and 2004 Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) winner Pleasantly Perfect, will enter stud in 2013 at Indiana Stallion Station in Anderson, Ind.
Regal State, whose son, Pleasantly Perfect, won the 2003 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), was euthanized March 18 at Robin F. Scully's Clovelly Farms near Lexington at age 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31