Robin Scully, prominent Thoroughbred breeder and owner, died in his sleep July 12 at his home, Abbottswood, in the village of Stow-on-the-Wold, in the English Cotswolds. He was 89 years old.
Quarter Given, a winning half brother to 2003 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) and 2004 Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) winner Pleasantly Perfect, will enter stud in 2013 at Indiana Stallion Station in Anderson, Ind.
Regal State, whose son, Pleasantly Perfect, won the 2003 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), was euthanized March 18 at Robin F. Scully's Clovelly Farms near Lexington at age 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Valid Breaks Through With Monmouth Cup Win
- Guys Reward Finds Path to Oceanport Tally
- Starstruck Back to Winning Ways in Matchmaker
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Ageless Equals Course Record in Royal North
- Majestic River Rolls to Molly Pitcher Win