Robin Scully, prominent Thoroughbred breeder and owner, died in his sleep July 12 at his home, Abbottswood, in the village of Stow-on-the-Wold, in the English Cotswolds. He was 89 years old.
Quarter Given, a winning half brother to 2003 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) and 2004 Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) winner Pleasantly Perfect, will enter stud in 2013 at Indiana Stallion Station in Anderson, Ind.
Regal State, whose son, Pleasantly Perfect, won the 2003 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), was euthanized March 18 at Robin F. Scully's Clovelly Farms near Lexington at age 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Vergara Wins Inaugural Apprentice Competition
- Compound Pharmacy Has Reinforced Standards
- Maryland THA Elects 15 Directors
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne